Welcome to Oceania Island Living


Welcome to Oceania Island Living. We absolutely adore coastal island lifestyle, forever stylish and serene, fresh and authentic and always creative and inspiring. So pull up your sun lounger and experience coastal island style by our shores, we guarantee you'll not want to leave...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Cool Coastal Finds

As a professional interior designer, I'm often asked, 'where did you get that amazing piece?'.

So, I'm going to open up my address book and give you some exclusives as to where I source the amazing decorating items, you usually only see in magazines.
 



One of my latest finds was this simple yet elegant decorative hourglass. It's from a company called Amalfi and I bought it through an Australian retail store called Earthborn. 

I was lucky enough to get it on sale (double bargain). Earthborn has some cool coastal decorative accessories - worth a look. For my international friends, their website is coming soon, so you won't miss out.

In the same image is an old 1930's book (I love the front cover) picked up from the Salvos (op shop) and a lovely large starfish I picked up in Paradise Point, Gold Coast. I think together they make for a cheerful vintage style coastal vignette, sat in my ever changing cubed book case installations.

I hope these articles will help to inspire you all and give you the secret sources and ideas to re-create the looks stylists put together.


Happy Coastal Island Styling.







No comments:

Post a Comment